Terms of Service
CareerLove.Org General Terms of Service
You agree that by clicking “Subscribe” “Register Now”, “Join CareerLove.org”, “Create an Account” or similar, registering, accessing or using our services (described below), you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding contract with CareerLove.org (even if you are using our Services on behalf of a company). If you do not agree to this contract (“Contract” or “User Agreement”), do not click “Subscribe” (or similar) and do not access or otherwise use any of our Services. If you wish to terminate this contract, at any time you can do so by closing your account and no longer accessing or using our Services.
This Contract applies to CareerLove.org and other CareerLove.Org-related sites, apps, communications and other services that state that they are offered under this Contract (“Services”), including the offsite collection of data for those Services, such as our Personal Assessment. Registered users of our Services are “Members” and unregistered users are “Visitors”.
You are entering into this Contract with Rob Davey Enterprises Ireland Limited Trading as CareerLove-Org (“CareerLove.Org”) and CareerLove.Org will be the controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with our Services. This Contract applies to Members and Visitors.
1.2 Members and Visitors
When you register and join the CareerLove.Org Service or become a registered user the CareerLove.Org website, you become a Member. If you have chosen not to register for our Services, you may access certain features as a “Visitor.”
We may make changes to the Contract.
2.1 Service Eligibility
Here are some promises that you make to us in this Contract:
You’re eligible to enter into this Contract and you are at least our “Minimum Age.”
The Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 16.
To use the Services, you agree that: (1) you must be the “Minimum Age” (described below) or older; (2) you will only have one CareerLove.Org account, which must be in your real name; and (3) you are not already restricted by CareerLove.Org from using the Services. Creating an account with false information is a violation of our terms, including accounts registered on behalf of others or persons under the age of 16.
“Minimum Age” means 16 years old. However, if law requires that you must be older in order for CareerLove.Org to lawfully provide the Services to you without parental consent (including using of your personal data) then the Minimum Age is such older age.
2.2 Your Account
You will keep your password a secret.
You will not share an account with anyone else and will follow our rules and the law.
Members are account holders. You agree to: (1) use a strong password and keep it confidential; (2) not transfer any part of your account (e.g., connections) and (3) follow the law and our list of Dos and Don’ts and our Community Guidelines. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
When purchasing any of our paid services, you will honour your payment obligations and you are okay with us storing your payment information. You understand that there may be fees and taxes that are added to our prices.
Refunds are subject to our policy.
If you buy any of our paid Services or Products, you agree to pay us the applicable fees and taxes and to any additional terms that may be specific to the paid Services or Products. Failure to pay these fees will result in the termination of your Membership. Also, you agree that:
- Your purchase may be subject to foreign exchange fees or differences in prices based on location (e.g. exchange rates).
- We may calculate taxes payable by you based on the billing information that you provide us at the time of purchase.
2.4 Notices and Messages
You’re okay with us providing notices and messages to you through our websites and to the contact details you provide to us. If your contact information is out of date, you may miss out on important notices.
You agree that we will provide notices and messages to you in the following ways: (1) within the Service, or (2) sent to the contact information you provided us (e.g., email, mobile number, physical address). You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
2.5 Sharing on Social Media
CareerLove.Org has created community pages, company pages and other communication channels with various social media services (“Our Social Media Pages and Channels” “Our Social Pages”). We invite our members to share content on our social pages, in line with our Community Guidelines, When you share information on our Social Media pages, others can see, copy and use that information.
The social media outlets (“Social Media Services”) we use are Third Party Services, which have their own individual terms and conditions. They allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as articles, group posts, links to news articles, blog posts, and direct (private) messages. Information and content that you share or post on these sites, including in our social pages, may be seen by other Members, Visitors or others (including off of the Services).
When sharing on our Social Media Pages and Channels, you will abide by the specific terms and conditions for these social media services. We will undertake some limited activity to moderate the content that is posted on our social pages, including removal of shared content, at our discretion and in line with our Community Guidelines. We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Social Media Pages and can remove it with or without notice. You agree that we are not responsible for others’ (including other Members’) shared content or information and we cannot prevent the misuse of any Third Party Services, and you agree that we are not responsible for any such misuse.
CareerLove.Org also enters into Content Contributor Agreements with some Members, subject to additional Terms and Conditions, specifically for Content Contributors, including detailed Do’s and Don’t’s for sharing content on Social Media.
- Rights and Limits
3.1. Your License to CareerLove.Org
You own all of the content, feedback and personal information you provide to us, but you also grant us a non-exclusive license to it.
As between you and CareerLove.Org, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Services, and you are only granting CareerLove.Org and our affiliates the following non-exclusive license:
A worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish and process, information and content that you provide through our Services and the services of others, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
- You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the Services, or generally by closing your account, except (a) to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Service and they copied, re-shared it or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- We may edit and make format changes to your content (such as translating or transcribing it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata)
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Services to CareerLove.Org, you agree that CareerLove.Org can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
You promise to only provide information and content that you have the right to share, and that your CareerLove.Org profile will be truthful.
You agree to only provide content or information that does not violate the law nor anyone’s rights (including intellectual property rights). You also agree that your profile information will be truthful. CareerLove.Org may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries.
3.2 Service Availability
We may change or end any Service or modify our prices prospectively.
We may change, suspend or discontinue any of our Services. We may also modify our prices effective prospectively upon reasonable notice to the extent allowed under the law.
We have the right to limit how you connect and interact on our Services.
CareerLove.Org reserves the right to limit your use of the Services, your ability to contact other Members. CareerLove.Org reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if you breach this Contract or the law or are misusing the Services (e.g., violating any of the Dos and Don’ts or Community Guidelines).
3.4 Intellectual Property Rights
We’re providing you notice about our intellectual property rights.
CareerLove.Org reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners. CareerLove.Org, and “Heart Badge” logos and other CareerLove.Org trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used for our Services are trademarks or registered trademarks of CareerLove.Org.
3.5 Data Processing
Automated Processing: We use data and information about you to make relevant suggestions to you and others.
We use the information and data that you provide and that we have about Members to make recommendations for connections, content and features that may be useful to you. For example, we use data and information about you to recommend our Online Learning Courses and various products from Affiliates. Keeping your profile accurate and up to date helps us to make these recommendations more accurate and relevant.
Anonymised statistical data: When you use our services, we may create anonymised statistical data from your data and usage of our services, including through aggregation. Once anonymised, we may use it for our own purposes, such as to provide and improve our services, to develop new services or product offerings, to identify employment and business trends, and for other uses we communicate to you.
- Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
4.1 No Warranty
This is our disclaimer of legal liability for the quality, safety, or reliability of our Services.
CAREERLOVE.ORG AND ITS AFFILIATES MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY ABOUT THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY REPRESENTATION THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, AND PROVIDE THE SERVICES (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, CAREERLOVE.ORG AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, ACCURACY OF DATA, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
4.2 Exclusion of Liability
These are the limits of legal liability we may have to you.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW (AND UNLESS CAREERLOVE.ORG HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT THAT OVERRIDES THIS CONTRACT), CAREERLOVE.ORG, INCLUDING ITS AFFILIATES, WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTRACT FOR LOST PROFITS OR LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION (E.G., OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS), LOSS OF DATA (E.G., DOWN TIME OR LOSS, USE OF, OR CHANGES TO, YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT) OR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
CAREERLOVE.ORG AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTRACT FOR ANY AMOUNT THAT EXCEEDS (A) THE TOTAL FEES PAID OR PAYABLE BY YOU TO CAREERLOVE.ORG FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF THIS CONTRACT, IF ANY.
4.3 Basis of the Bargain; Exclusions
The limitations of liability in this Section 4 are part of the basis of the bargain between you and CareerLove.Org and shall apply to all claims of liability (e.g., warranty, tort, negligence, contract and law) even if CareerLove.Org or its affiliates has been told of the possibility of any such damage, and even if these remedies fail their essential purpose.
These limitations of liability do not apply to liability for death or personal injury or for fraud, gross negligence or intentional misconduct, or in cases of negligence where a material obligation has been breached, a material obligation being such which forms a prerequisite to our delivery of services and on which you may reasonably rely, but only to the extent that the damages were directly caused by the breach and were foreseeable upon conclusion of this Contract and to the extent that they are typical in the context of this Contract.
We can each end this Contract, but some rights and obligations survive.
Both you and CareerLove.Org may terminate this Contract at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. The following shall survive termination:
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
- Members and/or Visitors’ rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Services;
- Sections 4, 6, 7, and 8.2 of this Contract;
- Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
You can close your account by sending a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
In the unlikely event we end up in a legal dispute, you and CareerLove.Org agree to resolve it in Dublin, Ireland courts using Irish law.
This section shall not deprive you of any mandatory consumer protections under the law of the country to which we direct Services to you, where you have your habitual residence. You and CareerLove.Org Ireland agree that the laws of Ireland, excluding conflict of laws rules, shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to this Contract and/or the Services. You and CareerLove.Org Ireland agree that claims and disputes can be litigated only in Dublin, Ireland, and we each agree to personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Dublin, Ireland.
- General Terms
Here are some important details about the Contract.
If a court with authority over this Contract finds any part of it unenforceable, you and we agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and we agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Contract.
This Contract (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you engage with a feature of the Services) is the only agreement between us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements for the Services.
If we don’t act to enforce a breach of this Contract, that does not mean that CareerLove.Org has waived its right to enforce this Contract. You may not assign or transfer this Contract (or your membership or use of Services) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that CareerLove.Org may assign this Contract to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Contract.
You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is at the addresses provided in Section 10.
- CareerLove.Org “Dos and Don’ts”
CareerLove.Org is a community of career minded people. This list of “Dos and Don’ts” along with our Community Guidelines limit what you can and cannot do on our Services.
You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
- Use your real name on your profile; and
- Use the Services in a professional manner.
You agree that you will not:
- Create a false identity on CareerLove.Org, misrepresent your identity, create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another’s account;
- Develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons or any other technology) to scrape the Services or otherwise copy data from the Services;
- Override any security feature or bypass or circumvent any access controls or use limits of the Service (such as caps on keyword searches or profile views);
- Copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from the Services, whether directly or through third parties (such as search engines), without the consent of CareerLove.Org;
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer));
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights. For example, do not copy or distribute (except through the available sharing functionality) the posts or other content of others without their permission, which they may give by posting under a Creative Commons license;
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of CareerLove.Org, including, without limitation, (i) copying or distributing our learning videos or other materials or (ii) copying or distributing our technology, unless it is released under open source licenses; (iii) using the word “CareerLove.Org” or our logos in any business name, email, or URL
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source;
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by CareerLove.Org without our express consent (e.g., representing yourself as an accredited CareerLove.Org consultant);
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell or otherwise monetize the Services or related data or access to the same, without CareerLove.Org’s consent;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
- Monitor the Services’ availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services;
- Overlay or otherwise modify the Services or their appearance (such as by inserting elements into the Services or removing, covering, or obscuring an advertisement included on the Services);
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms); and/or
- Violate the Community Guidelines or any additional terms concerning a specific Service that are provided when you sign up for or start using such Service.
- Complaints Regarding Content
Contact information for complaints about content provided by our Members.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by Members be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties. Use the contact information below for complaints concerning content posted by our Members.
- How To Contact Us
Email us at email@example.com or mail us at (New Mailing Address Details to be confirmed January 2020)